Worship takes place every Sunday at 9:00 and 11.00 am, using the Holy Communion service from Common Worship of the Church of England. After the 11:00 am service, there is social time with conversation, tea, coffee and biscuits.
There is a service of Holy Communion, using the Book of Common Prayer, every Wednesday at 11:00 am. Healing prayer, usually with Holy Communion, is offered on Fridays at 11:00 am.
There is a family service in Ciutadella, “Small Saints,” normally on the third Saturday of each month at noon, continuing on 13 April at the chapel of the Carmelitas in Ciutadella (place to be confirmed).
There is a programme for children (“Footsteps”) available every Sunday during the 11:00 service in Es Castell. And the JaFfA Club meets monthly – an opportunity to have some fun while exploring a biblical or seasonal theme.
Please contact the church if you need more information.
- 27 March: 13:00, third of five Lenten study sessions focusing on gifts of the Spirit and their application in the community of faith and beyond.
- 31 March: Mothering Sunday – but also an opportunity to give thanks for the life of the late Anne Jennings, who was a mother, sister and friend to the church community of Santa Margarita for more than 20 years.
- 13 April: 19:30, return of the Coral Mitjanit de Sant Lluís under director Marina Plovins to Santa Margarita.
- 14 April: Palm Sunday – procession with palms at 11:00 service of Holy Communion.
- 15-17 April: 17:30 each day, Stations of the Cross.
- 18 April: Maundy Thursday (foot washing & communion at 11:00; Tenebrae at 17:30).
- 19 April: 12:00-15:00, Good Friday vigil of prayer and reflection (come when you can, leave when you must).
- 20 April: 20:30, great vigil of Easter.
- 21 April: 07:00, Easter sunrise worship at Punta Prima beach.
- 21 April: 09:00 & 11:00, Easter Sunday worship – Holy Communion.
- 23 April: Saint George’s day, and the 20th anniversary of the first visit of the touring brass band and its director, Lana Tingay, to Menorca and Santa Margarita.
- 3-5 May: residential seminar with Bishop David Hamid, at the Salesian Retreat Centre Of Martí-Codolar in Barcelona, together with other chaplaincies from the Archdeaconry.
- 18 May: 19:00, Concierto Festival y Gala Lirica, by La Academia de Musica Adagio at Santa Margarita; children’s choir, accordion group, wind ensemble, mixed choir.
Santa Margarita is grateful to those who help to support the mission and work of our church.