** SUSPENSION OF CHURCH SERVICES **
In accordance with the Royal Decree limiting movement, Santa Margarita will be closed for public worship until at least 26 April.
The worship for Wednesday, 8 April will be found
on the Holy Week worship page.
Further information will be posted here as appropriate.
Worship normally takes place every Sunday at 9:00 and 11.00 am, using the Holy Communion service from Common Worship of the Church of England. After the 11:00 am service, there is social time with conversation, tea, coffee and biscuits.
There is a service of Holy Communion, using the Book of Common Prayer, every Wednesday at 11:00 am. Healing prayer, usually with Holy Communion, is offered on Fridays at 11:00 am.
If the ‘Decreto Real’ restricting movement in Spain has been lifted, there will be a service of Holy Communion at the church of Sant Francesc in Ciutadella on 26 April (normally on the last Sunday of each month). Further news will be posted on this web site.
The family service in Ciutadella, “Small Saints,” planned for 25 April, will be rescheduled, since restrictions on movement will not have been lifted; otherwise normally on the third Saturday of each month at 12:00 noon, at the chapel of the Carmelitas in Ciutadella.
There is a programme for children, “Footsteps,” available on a monthly basis on Sunday during the 11:00 service in Es Castell.
Please contact the church if you need more information.
- 1 April: POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE – Lenten soup series, ‘Another Story Must Begin,’ based upon Les Miserables.
- 6-11 April: Holy Week. Details of online worship, including Wednesday morning, can be found on this separate post.
- 12 April: 11:00, online celebration of Easter Sunday.
- 15 April: the 2020 visit of the Gwent Touring Band to Menorca has been cancelled, and so there will be no performance at Santa Margarita.
- 23 April: 11:00, worship for Saint George’s Day on the Isla del Rey, followed by lunch at Il Massone in Mahón (reservations recommended). [Please note that this will be postponed based upon the extension of the Decreto Real limiting movement.]
Safeguarding is an important responsibility for all churches today. Our safeguarding officer is Margaret Jones, and she may be reached at +34 648 712 253.
If you would like to support the ministry of Santa Margarita, the Anglican Church in Menorca, please click on the button below to make a donation.
Santa Margarita is grateful to those who help to support the mission and work of our church.