For Lent 2016, the Anglican Church in Menorca will be spending time reflecting upon the Papal Encyclical, Evangelii Gaudium, or Joy Of The Gospel. Each session will include a simple soup lunch, reading from the encyclical and from scripture, discussion and quiet reflection time.
- 17 February – Joy And The Gospel (The Joy Of The Gospel)
- 24 February – Going Forth (The Church’s Missionary Transformation)
- 2 March – Saying Yes And Saying No (Amid The Crisis Of Communal Commitment)
- 9 March – Proclaiming The Gospel (The Proclamation Of The Gospel)
- 16 March – Making The Kingdom Present In Our World (The Social Dimension Of Evangelisation)
- 23 March – Being Filled By The Spirit (Spirit-Filled Evangelisers)
Portions of the Encyclical will be available for each session. Anyone wishing to read the entire, 224-page document may find it as a PDF file on the Vatican web site.
This course of study is based upon the Lenten Study of the Church of England, by Dr Paula Gooder, Theologian in Residence at The Bible Society.